In the wake of the recent Coronavirus outbreak and the several confirmed cases in Florida, here is the latest Walt Disney World Coronavirus update issued by the park.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
It’s no doubt that the spread of the coronavirus or COVID-19 has been on everyone’s mind. Amid growing concerns about the illness, and the several confirmed cases in Florida, here is the latest Disney World Coronavirus update that was issued by Disney Parks.
As part of our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our Cast Members, Guests and the larger community, we are carefully monitoring the situation and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance. Disney Cruise Line is also taking many precautions. You can read about the Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus Policies here.
Disney World Corona Virus Update
Walt Disney World will continue to implement preventive measures in line with their recommendations and the input of our medical teams.They have health and safety protocols in place, including:
- Training for Cast Members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
- End-of-day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen and other facilities
- Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
Additionally, onsite health teams and leaders are communicating with our Cast Members about illness prevention, including the CDC’s recommendation of everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs, such as:
- Staying home when sick
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Following proper respiratory cough etiquette
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
Walt Disney World will continue to adjust our operations according to the recommendations of health authorities as the situation develops.
Plan More Disney Magic In Your Day With These Helpful Disney Planning Posts
Make Your Disney Vacation More Fun With These Items