Disney vacations are the ultimate experience for many families, and they can be a little pricey. These Disney World money-saving tips will help you save some cash so you can get the most out of your Disney travel budget.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Disney vacations are the ultimate experience for many families, and they can be a little pricey. The average family spends thousands of dollars on a Disney vacation, but there are ways to save money on your next trip to the park!
In this blog post, I’ll share 11 Disney World money-saving tips for your vacation so that you don’t have to break the bank or sacrifice an ounce of fun.
Download a free printable Disney Budget tracker you can download below.
Disney World money-saving tips for your vacation
1) Book your trip early – You might be able to find some deals that help you save money if you book your trip earlier. Even if there aren’t any specific deals out when you book, chances are that one will be announced and you can add it to your package. Using a travel agent is another great way to plan.
2) Make use of discounts from local businesses – There are usually discounts available at stores like Costco. Some stores also discount Disney gift cards, which can be used to pay for trips at the full value of the card, not what you paid for it.
3) Be flexible with when to go – Consider planning a trip during a slower month. Pricing will fluctuate depending on what time of year it is; sometimes there is as much as a $300 difference between January and December prices per person alone.
4) Be aware of what is included in your package – You might be able to save money by dropping an optional tour or table service meal in favor of more counter-service restaurants.
5) Consider staying off-site – Staying at a Disney hotel is expensive, and you might be able to save money by choosing an affordable off-property option that’s close to the parks.
FREE PRINTABLE DISNEY BUDGET PLANNER
Ways To Save Money On Your Disney Vacation
6) Consider buying tickets from third-party sites – Some people find it easier to buy their ticket through other sites, like Costco or Undercover Tourist. This can help with getting discounts on your vacation package as well.
7) Buy your souvenirs before you leave home – You can buy Disney items at a lower price if you buy them from the company, but it’s still possible to find cheaper options on Amazon.
8) Order snacks and drinks for pick up– Ordering your snacks and drinks before you arrive can help save on the cost of food at Disney. Use the pick up option at local stores or one of the many grocery delivery services offered near Disney World.
9) Purchase Disney gift cards– You might also want to consider getting a Disney gift card for kids, so they know what money is set aside for personal spending while on their vacation.
10) Consider renting out multiple rooms– If you have a larger travel party sometimes the price of a larger villa is more than reserving connecting hotel rooms. You often can benefit from having an extra bathroom when you have two rooms, as well. Do your research to make sure you get the best deal.
11) Bring a backpack– Pack snacks to take into the park instead of spending big bucks on food in the parks. You’ll be surprised how much those cute snacks can add up!
Hopefully, these tips helped you to save on your next Disney vacation. It’s sad that vacations like this can be so expensive, but they don’t have to be if you do a little research and planning ahead of time!