Are you organizing a Walt Disney World vacation? Don’t forget to focus on what to pack! Read on for what’s in my Disney Day bag.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
When we arrange a vacation we tend to plan things like our itinerary to the very last detail, don’t we? We know where and when we want to go for each destination on our trip. And we often put that same level of care into packing our family’s suitcases.
Now if a Disney vacation is on the agenda, it’s just as important to pay attention to what we’re packing for our Disney day bag. What is a Disney day bag you ask? Well, it’s the bag, or backpack as I recommend, in which we carry around all our day at a theme park must-haves.
A Disney day bag’s requirements go far beyond your ID and park tickets. If you want your family to stay comfortable and have loads of stress-free fun, you need to anticipate the various scenarios that could pop up on any given day in central Florida.
Well, never fear. I’m not going to make you go it alone. I have 20, what I consider Disney day bag essentials, on this what’s in my Disney Day bag list! You will soon see why packing these crucial items will give you peace of mind as you set out on your day at the park!
Disney BAckpack Essentials
- Backpack – This is vital. You’re packing a lot and while I don’t want you to overpack, I do think you need most of what’s on this list and a backpack will carry it all comfortably.
- Rain poncho – It rains often in Florida, especially in the warm weather months. Wet clothes can ruin your day in no time flat.
- Hand sanitizer – You know what else can ruin your day, getting sick. Wash your hands often and use this in between.
- Sunscreen – The Florida sun is very, very strong. You need to goop up with sunscreen even on winter days.
- Hat – Another must wear layer of sun protection is a hat. Pack them for everyone!
- Sunglasses – Squinting is no fun, period. Sunnies will take care of that.
- Portable misting fan – Summer at Walt Disney World is no joke. Stay cool in between stints at the air-conditioned rides with this handy gadget.
- Refillable water bottle – You need to stay hydrated and that is so much easier when you have a portable water bottle that you can fill up whenever you want.
- Motion sickness bands – There are some rides at Walt Disney World that can definitely take you to queasy town if you’re motion sickness prone.
- Snack bags – Save money in between meals by packing your own snacks.
- Portable charger – You don’t ever want to worry about a dead cell phone especially if you’re using it to take photos, access your fast passes, stay in touch with your family etc.
- Waterproof pouch – It’s possible that you will get wet on a ride or two, so put anything that absolutely cannot get wet in one of these pouches.
- Wet Wipes – You will be amazed at how messy things can get at a theme park. Even if you don’t have babies with you, wipes are a must.
- Antibacterial wipes – You may want to wipe down areas that you touch with these wipes whenever you can considering what’s going around.
- First-aid kit – You don’t necessarily need a large-scale kit, but at the very least bring alone bandages and antibacterial gel.
- Tissues – Wipe your nose too many times with napkins and it will be as red as Rudolph’s. Haha!
- Hairbands – If you have long hair you’re going to want to get it up off your neck. Trust me.
- Pain relievers – You never know when a pesky headache is going to pop up. Be prepared is a good motto for a reason!
- Change of clothes – If the rain poncho isn’t enough to keep you dry and you have an extra outfit with you, you won’t have to go back to your room to change. Don’t waste precious Disney park hours!
- Hoodie or jacket – An extra layer of clothing is never a bad idea. I’ve even worn one in the summer when there was a slight chill in the evening air.
Now that you know what’s in my Disney bag, I think you’re ready to tackle an open to close the day at a Disney theme park! You really can’t go wrong with these Disney backpack essentials. Get ready to secure your superhero status when you’re prepared for whatever the day throws at you!
Plan More Disney Magic In Your Day With These Helpful Disney Planning Posts
Make Your Disney Vacation More Fun With These Items
Save this Disney Packing Tips post for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.